Mould is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. There are many types of mould capable of adopting many different habitats. In general, areas with high moisture and limited access of fresh air are preferred by those kind of fungi.
In many cased modern homes with large carpeted areas as well as insufficient insulation in walls or dirty ducts may harbour molds harmful for humans.
MOULD AND OUR HEALTH
Mould produces allergens and irritants that can cause some individuals to experience symptoms of hay fever. This includes sneezing, runny nose, skin rashes and irritated eyes, throat and lungs.
Many toxic moulds produces poisonous substances called mycotoxins. Those toxins interfere with cell structures and processes, and have the potential to cause serious health issues. Their effects on human body have been documented using controlled laboratory conditions. So get rid of mold. For effective mold removal contact us today!
MOULD IMPACT ON HUMAN HEALTH
Mycotoxins have been proven to cause:
pulmonary hemorrhage or pulmonary hemosiderosis (primarily in infants)
headaches and other flu-like symptoms
immune system suppression (resulting in increased numbers of infections)
Other symptoms that have been associated with mould: